Salvia Flowering Shrub caring Tips Salvia Flower Photos from our Reader Dr Vivek, Thank you from Garden Care Simplified
These lovely exotic blooming plants, Salvia, are available in many varieties, very tiny and delicate plants, as I have not had much luck in maintaining them. They represent strong symbolism of love and friendship and growing thenm in the south west sector of your garden will attract harmony and good relationships. Lovely exotic flowers Salvia, some caring tips.
1) Need well draining soil, cloggy soil kills the plant.
2) Does not tolerate direct strong sunlight, leaves drop and turn yellow . Choose a sunny location but not full day.
3) Even after watering the plant may not look healthy unless the soil is nutritious and well fertilized.Requires cowdung.
4) When after flowering be careful while trimming,a s you may cut off the stem that is growing new shoots of leaves.
5) I think the plant needs to be watered twice a day for maintaining.As my plants would shrivel with watering once a day, that's the tricky part.
6) Over watering will make the stem fleshy and it will bend and then finally your Salvia may lose life .
7) The bugs and beetles love the leaves, holes in leaves are a prominent feature with these delicate plants.
8) Butterfly larvae, Caterpillar feed on the leaves. Keep the Salvia plants protected from pests, otherwise in one evening the whole plant may go barren.
|Slavia Flower Red|
|Salvia Flower Pink|
|Pink Star Cluster|
|Pink and White Rose Bush|