|The Fluorescent Pink Chinese Rose bloom attracted this yellow beautiful butterfly|
While I have captured and shared so many butterfly pics here, from the large sized moths to tiny small colorful ones they search for
|Sunflowers in Full Bloom|
|Caterpillar Huge one Finger Size|
Yes was a bit shocked and screamed with this huge one that cam as a symbolic message from the universe, expecting major changes in my life and warning to beware and awesum good luck.
|Camouflaged among the background bamboo plants exactly same colors shading|
Want some of these heavenly friends in your garden some tips-
1) Colorful flowers. This is a best bet, they come.
2) Juicy nectar, the inside part of the flowers must have nectar and looks shiny. when you break parts you can see drops of water in. Select these types of flowering plants.
3) Allow space in between flowering plants and other greens. Butterflies love to hop and jump from one flower to other flower.
4) Avoid placing sharp pointed thorny plants, they repel the butterflies, though our Thorny cactus leaves too was a feast for the larvae!
5) Bright sunny locations and strong sunlight will not allow the butterfly to lay eggs. some amount of low light and dampness is what they love.
6) Large trees covering small plants of colorful blooms are best for beginning a butterfly garden.
7) Butterfly lay eggs on leafy and bushy plants so that the babies get enough food when they hatch.
8) I have learned that different colorful types of butterflies have different likes for plants and flowers, so study these and then plant some that they love.
9) protect them from plant pests that eat up these larvae, bird love these tiny ones!
Now for some practical precautions in a Butterfly garden-
1) Keep it away from your home space, remember the eggs when hatched the little caterpillars go all spaces and even enter home space.
2) See that your precious plants, costly ones are not among the butterfly loving plants as these too will be feasted upon by the new caterpillars and go barren!
3) The larvae when hatches into caterpillars have a voracious appetite and will feed fast, as to even large leaves within a day before they go into a cocoon.
4) Sometimes they also feed on fruits and vegetables so this might affect the growth of these plants and the quality of fruit.
5) After the happiness comes a quiet time, the butterflies fly away but leave the garden barren, if the plants are tough they grow again or you have to plant/ bring new plants.
6) The butterfly garden also invites unknown pests, birds and so be prepared for this.
Tricks for a Butterfly garden-
1) Judiciously plant a mixture of ornamental and exotic colorful attractive flowering plants.
2) Keep a check on how many plants the butterflies have laid eggs, remove your costly plants from this space, restrict the butterfly space to few plants.
3) See that while trimming you take care to avoid trimming leaves with eggs if you want a butterfly garden.If you accidentally cut the leaf, place it near a bushy plant so that the larvae can get food fast.
4) The time when butterflies lay eggs, season, give them a nourishing environment at that time.
5) The love colors so place colorful shiny garden ornaments if you have few plants, still they will come.
6) Take care while watering plants with butterfly eggs.Avoid washing the leaves.
They are symbols of peace, hope, happiness and growth but just keep a check on their growth as your garden my go barren. I have seen a struggling one die in front of me...as its wings got stuck into its own fluid from the cocoon... ( check this post ...Birth of a new life...Fault of nature) and I have seen with great happiness how butterflies fly! My hearts kips a beat with feelings of Joy, ecstasy, as if letting my heart free... It is the most beautiful feeling to see the cocoon burst open gradually the struggling butterfly coming out...and flying free in front of you...Awesum!
|My Magical Garden, Digital Art by Rizwana A.Mundewadi|