|Easiest green Borders Plants for Your Garden|
The word Topiary comes from the word for an ornamental landscape gardener , topiarius, a creator of topia or places. Plants, greens grown as borders are a beautiful way to define the garden landscape design. Green border plants are actually any thick foliage plants with green leaves and they are tough and require less care.
While we do see a lot of greens cut and trimmed in fancy shapes and objects , the ones from Hanging garden are still remembered with love, those shaped as deer, elephants,
|Elephant Shaped Design with Trimming Plants|
How to grow green borders in your garden-
1) Choose foliage green leafy plants that do not flower and are fast growing. Those that are ever green, woody, mostly small leaves, and look dense and thick with foliage.
2) Hedge is the simplest form , to grow borders put bricks surrounding the corner of the pathway to have controlled borders.
3) If you wish to have a Topiary in large size or specific shaped Topiary then wires and metal wire cages , metal frames, help to give specific form, strength and shape and a body to your plant design.
4) Shrubs, vines and climbers can all be guided in different modern designs to form a great Topiary.
5) Trimming carefully with sharp scissors and clippers is essential. this is an art form and need great hand control for trimming in specific shape.
From the feng shui point of view there are some shapes that you must avoid in topiaries in your home garden. Topiaries are a beautiful way to welcome great chi around. Choose easy growing woody foliage plants, curvy and smooth flowy lines are considered great and auspicious in Feng Shui as they allow positive chi to flow smoothly in the space. They also give a sense of direction and focus. Sharp corners and spiky plants are to be avoided if they hurt past walking by.
1) Avoid man and women , family, shaped outside your main entrances.
2) Avoid huge Topiaries out side your main door if it blocks the view of outside and blocks the main door.
3) Avoid large horse and elephant Topiary facing outside the main door.
4) Keep a check on the size of the Topairy grown in your home garden. it must not be larger than the height of your house.
5) The most important feng shui shape to avoid is broken and abnormal shapes. This creates shar energy on viewing.
Box wood, is the best for borders and we have out lovely Cyprus plant that can be shaped and trimmed into any beautiful form . Cedar or Cyprus plants are good.
|Orange colored Berries climber in the wilds|
|My favourite Plant Snow Bush Euphorbia leucocephala needs regular trimmings|
|Trimming of Garden plants after rainy season|
|Hibiscus leaf eaten|
|Gulmohar Tree Mushroom growth|
Hoping for the Best, All the Best from Rizwana!