Search This Blog

Translate

2.2.20

How to grow Huge Anthurium flowers 3 simple tips/Make Amla Murabba at home recipe/ You Tube The Land of Enchantment Fantasy Fairy Tale for Children/ 9 Gardening Goals 2020


We all love big sized flowers isn't it! majestic sizes and ask any gardener we strive to bring out healthy blooms with love care watering and the magic touch! sharing here practical workable tips for growing big sized flowers and a fantasies video and of course make Amla murabba at home-recipe.
Huge size Anthurium flower in small plant
Anthurium flowers overflowing in Container window gardening





Magical land of enchantment, a fairy tale inspiring positive and story of hope and encouragement. A story with illustrations and drawings paintings bringing in some magic back to your life! A Kundalini Awakening experience in such a simple manner, flow with me! Take this trip to the magical blooms land. Just made this for personal joy wish list.
I may not have been able to do a great job as an narrator and illustrator, but this was a dream and had to do it.
Sharing hope, moral of the story of positive energy excitement and magic.
Window sill Garden is flourishing with over flowing plants that need regular trimming, That is one of the biggest challenges of container gardening.
 How to grow Anthurium flowers of large size? the Anthurium flower plant sure loved winters and even though we get no direct sunlight or to say even no indirect sun, its just a environment having a north facing home where it is difficult tog row flowering plants.
 So there was magical joy to see these Anthurium flowers blooming in my window garden. They just bloomed and bloomed and I too was surprised with the love they gave me back!
For those who know me over the years with gardening, I usually avoid giving them anything extra. I do understand that adding fertilizers helps but I prefer to care for my plants with as much natural environmental support and love care.
Why I avoid fertilizers and supplements? during early years with gardening many plants would die off. There sure comes up a greed factor to see flowers, big flowers fast,and we tend to add more. That is the sad part, people just add without any prior knowledge and then plants die. I do offer regular prayers blessings those who left us, because for them that I learned gardening and practical tips for caring the later on ones.
That's the photo when  we had added them one year back
 Growing Huge Anthurium flower in container three tips-
1) Keep the plant root bound. they may spread fast but if you want more flowers don't allow more foliage to grow.
2) Well draining soil but do have some soil. My plants were growing in coco peat as I had bought them but the feelings of emptiness kept coming up and I added some soil and bravo it picked up growth immensely!
3) What to feed them after giving them love? I have seen that you can add some cowdung but for me this was not possible. Probably we have no direct sunlight so it will stink and we have our window garden in our living room so again the issue of smell. But, I have seen ,limitations bring out the best in me! Gave it a very mild dose of water dissolved fertilizer before winter set in. ( I have killed too many plants over the span of past twenty five years while feeding them in winters...the strong climatic conditions and leaf drop setting in triggers instant death is given in high dose for any plant, better to avoid feeding any plants in chilly weather)
And egg shells, yes crush the boiled egg shells , they work best. I tried adding fresh egg shells too but I have seen the boiled egg shells work better, maybe my plants like cooked food!
The most sturdy among Anthurium flowering plants are the red coloured after which come pink, the other color flowering Anthurium plants, white, yellow, greenish peach,  I have found to be slow in flowering and the wait is too long sometimes. Our peach colored Anthurium plant has after a year not given any blooms, every time the leaves grow smaller in size and also the blooms are quite tiny. Though they remain on the plant for longer periods
Choose to buy Red flowering plants and place them in indirect sunlight spots for best flowering. Winters bring out Amazing blooms. Do not skip watering for long and also avoid too much watering. The genes matter and if you are lucky buy Anthurium plant with flowers. But the large size part still I have not found correct reasons and answers, only that maybe they lobe me much more!
Brahma Kamal Plants in my window garden Read - Healthy Blooms of Brahma Kamal

Original photos of Brahma Kamal shared by our reader
The Mystical Brahma Kamal
Mistakes in Growing Brahma Kamal plant
The reminders of my struggle of growing the Brahma Kamal plants
Joy of Growing Brahma Kamal plants
Very happy to see my Brahma Kamal plants growing. I know the flowering part is the miracle part for which I don't know when the Universe will bless me, but at least they are growing here in my window garden.
Succulent plant

painting recycling garden containers

new plants for window garden 


Goose berries have high immunity boosting properties and in general gooseberry fruits have high nutrients and vitamins boosting good health. Gooseberry in Hindi is called Awla/Amla/Awlahe. We can make Amla murrabba at home very easily and this way you can preserve the fruit in sweetened form for even a year. With market ready sweetened fruits you may have the doubt of purity and also there are always some preservatives added. The first time of the year it has gone a bit more brownish with sugar syrup caramelization. Also prepared Amla sherbet that too is very easy and a small amount daily helps protect from seasonal diseases. I add ginger, rock salt, chat masala, mint leaves jeera black peppers cinnamon cardamom,  for the taste into the boiling part.  Digestive properties and aids in gastric problems. High in minerals. Immunity booster and helps to lower cholesterol.
Recipe for making Amla Murrabba at home-
1) Choose green fresh Gooseberries. This fruit must be fresh and not too ripe or soft. Take quantity  1/2 kg or 1 kg as you wish to make.
2) wash the fruits well and remove any dark or spoilt portions. Give the round ball shaped Amla fruits a few slits. this is done to help the fruit absorb the sugar syrup sweetness and also become soft.
3) Boil the fruit in water. I was doubting whether to throw away the complete boiled water as all the nutrients have overflowed in the boiled water. When in two minds take the mid way. So I kept some water and threw most of it.
4)Take sugar almost double or triple the weight of the fruit you have taken, boil in water. I took approximately water of a few glasses. Too little water and the syrup becomes thick fast. Too much water and you have to keep boiling it to get the right consistency of the sugar syrup.
5) Once the syrup boils add up the cooked Gooseberry fruits. Keep boiling at low temperatures as the syrup will overflow on high flame and it becomes a mess cleaning the sticky syrup on your gas stove. Stirring.
6) Check the syrup as it becomes thicker and put off the flame. let the sweetened murabba cool a bit. Check the taste, if sour , then you may need more sugar. Add sugar and boil. It looks a golden yellow colour. I went ahead for the brownish as the fruit soaks the caramelized sugar and fruit tastes good.
7) never store in aluminium vessels or container as the fruit is sour. You can choose steel, plastic or ceramic jar to store the Amla murabba. Can be stored outside and also in fridge.
To increase its life never put wet spoon to remove the fruit. Also do not keep the jar open for long periods as it will be exposed to outside dust and minute insects that may spoil the murabba.
Try it and eat it, for good health of you and your family!
Gooseberry Sweetened preserved fruit dish / Amla Murabba at home simple recipe

With the New year, 2020 more garden excitement continues to add fresh energy. Goals this year for making happiness gardens , add more, green and more colours! 2020 has a more powerful energy especially February is the most auspicious month for activating new goals. 2nd February 2020 the most Amazing energy from the Universe and will be spreading this year around. begin new projects, mend relationships, set new targets and goals, prioritize your priorities, get clarity focus and what your heart desires...just go for it! No replacement for hard sincere effort! the Universe loves it!
Setting Goals 2020 for my Gardening as always every year new focuses emerge. Especially for whatever the Universe brings for me, I continue gardening, my window garden. 
1) more focus on ornamental pretty plant containers ( my containers were hand painted, but now we r spoilt with choice! So many unique plant containers!)
 2) Focus on what grows happily in restricted environment. Add those plants. 
3) No sunlight no flowers, doesn't matter. Add plants with coloured leaves, always a colourful garden! 
4) Garden design. The terrace garden had its own design. Now focus on setting unique and workable garden design , easy maintenance gardens are priority. No more excuses for starting happiness gardens!
 5) On a travelling spree, so minimal care container plants would be good. That's one thing I am blessed with, whenever we go for a week or so, my gardens are taken care of by fairies. And what a beautiful care they give. In fact telling someone to water my plants last time we were out, was a mistake, my plants don't take well to new hands energy. Choose plants that require less frequent watering 
6) Always be prompt in keeping your garden neat and trimmed! Overflowing gardens look so happy, but dried overflowing gardens do not! There is a difference! Dried pots and plants bring negative energy and are bad feng shuii. 
7) Go vertical! Best way to keep floor space clean in entryway garden. Have grown some plants in bottles, they look great!  Recycling, focus, 2020! 
8) They need more love than care! Accept this! Those who are gardeners and those who have gardens know!  When you see a beautiful blooming garden understand and know that the gardener has done a great job! There is someone who takes regular care and maintains the garden afresh. More love, lots of love, love is so enough! Most times! For me there is the magical element of fairies taking care of my garden. At times I too wonder how, but then they do take care as there are signs and symbols of their presence in the blooming garden. You may keep a fairy stool, small places for fairies to rest and see the difference in your garden. I have made a hand made paper mache fairy stool. 
My Garden Fairy stool 
9) Never give up! Nope! Never give up on gardens! I always advice people, some plants may not have worked for you, doesn't mean you have a sore thumb for gardening! Plants are so cheap, you can even get cuttings to grow new plants. And we now get ready potted plants, no hassles. Absolutely please do keep adding! 
While you may be spending on so many other things, put GARDENING on your priority list. A small amount of happiness in your financial budget! You will see how your health and wealth will transform. Try it, it works! Have a Blessed 2020!
 Happy Gardening from Rizwana!!
 I do not sell plants this is my love and passion. I am a symbolist painter, healing artist since year 2000 selling original art to spread health wealth and Joy with world through my Reiki symbol healing paintings! Buy Reiki paintings for health wealth and joy.
( Sharing what keeps me going, the most happiest emails giving me personal  fantastically ecstatic happiness are when suddenly people meet me with excitement sharing about their plant additions- when people say they have started gardening because of me! Because of my garden blog...Following my Garden Care Simplified and my love and passion for plants, and of course I blush and go on cloud nine! 
Made a little difference to the world, my life!  Its definitely Worth it! Do your bit to save mother earth, plant more plants for #365daysofhappiness!

Interesting posts on Garden Care Simplified
How to get large sized flowers in container plants

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why What How about Gardening! share your gardening challenges and passion.

Featured Post

HOW YOU CAN FORCE BLOOMS IN AMARYLLIS LILY BULB PLANTS FLOWERING TIPS Photos

 Amaryllis lily flowers are amazing! Large size, vibrant colours, showy flowers. There are many colours in flowers of lilly but all bulbs lo...