Search This Blog

Translate

17.11.20

Where do you get vegetable seeds? Grow Palak at home!What are Kitchen garden requirements? World rating Brahma Kamal flowers

 Hi everyone A Very Happy Deepavali,a precious festival of lights that is new beginnings and Welcoming Prosperity, that is celebrated with lots of excitement in India. And all over the world by Hindus especially but people of all cultures light crackers and enjoy light show. This year lockdown did not Stop us, we have zoom and WhatsApp to connect with our families! Buying vegetable seeds, kitchen garden requirements and mystical Brahma Kamal rating at world's level, in this interesting post today! ( Have been very busy with my new art website on wix as I closed my old website of six and half years with FASO websites, newness freshness and lots of offers on reiki feng shuii paintings, do visit for out of the box New year art gifts! www.razarts.com)

Lots of excitement because first time I started growing plants from seeds. Usually flowering plants from my terrace and window garden would drop flowers and new babies came up naturally, I have a bad record of growing plants from seeds. Need came up because my pet budgies love spinach, Palakespecially my Greeny male, I call him Popeye, he loves greens. I feed my love birds with mix, seeds, spinach, cooked rice and of course for the calcium needs, there is the fish cuttle bone. In lockdown there was the challenge to find food, but Amazon.in had us connected with great products and fast delivery. I am really thankful for this blessings by Amazon.

So since fresh vegetables, greens were difficult, to get these regularly. I bought even few spinach leaves for fifty rupees, but they were dried and insect eaten. The search on Google, I love Google, its my best guide and teacher, and I wish Google happy teachers Day and also on Guru Poornima! How to grow Palak at home?

Best vegetable seeds are available online. Amazon has offers, but you also have online plant nurseries who deliver seeds to your home. They come in air sealed paper packets, I saw spinach/palak  seeds for the first time.



Spinach seeds online purchase
spinach seeds close up 

Bougainvillea flowers in Window Garden
Read-window garden makeover and bright pots! and this interesting post-  Make herb garden for free!
Planted spinach Palak seeds

Fresh sprouts of Spinach Palak Green leafy vegetable

in five days sprouts of Palak spinach 

My Healthy happy money plant check Money plant infinity technique

In a week spinach/palak  saplings

Took a few and planted them, and in five days they came up ,tiny beautiful babies with new life, Freshest Palak!  With the window net now I don't have the worries of terrace garden where young saplings were feasted by birds!

Baby spinach saplings

Kitchen Gardens are such an Awesome way to bring feng shuii energy in your home. Healthy greens are easy to grow from seeds and cuttings. I have already written about mint, curry leaves, oregano ajwain, green chillies, black pepper, and fruits,  growing from market bought cuttings seeds in previous posts 

Let's move to practical information on Kitchen Garden requirements-

1) Sunlight is essential but even few hours indirect lighting is sufficient.

2) Windows, Kitchen sill or smaller space also is ok.

3) Begin with small pots. In fact herbs grow well in small containers. And I can't pink or move large pots so be careful of your back, because we need to always keep checking, trimming, feeding and watering as also repotting. 

4) Rich soil is important. Kitchen remains act as good fertilizer, but be careful of smell and rats if its open window. Ours ,we made it safe first' and then started our window garden.

5) keep the base clear. Plates below the pot are good idea to prevent water spillage outside your home wall  have installed a stone border so no water leaks out.  Plates under pots need lots of care. I avoid this because a) they stop air flow from bottom of container making the plants soil soggy and  b) too much risks of insects mosquito breeding. 

Which leads us to an important point of kitchen gardening,

6) water accumulation must be avoided. I have specially made the granite stone hedge for my window garden so that water does not spill out staining the building wall from outside. It is very important to avoid water accumulation and yet keep your plants hydrated and happy. 

7) Be selective in growing plants. Vegetables need some space as well as protective sprays from insects and pests so avoid if the kitchen widow is near your kitchen counter top. We don't want creepy worms coming inside! I prefer my herbs to be in small pots and only selective few.

Brahma Kamal flower Rating in the world!

Trying to please Lord Brahma! The God of Creation! Did you know the precious Brahma Kamal plant, Saussurea obvallata, actually a cactus, with its unique flowering mode, the plant flowers after fourteen of fifteen years ,some say seven years and some boast of few months their Brahma Kamal leaf flowered! is on the world famous flowers list. (Practical informative post- How to save a dying Brahma Kamal plant)

Unique quality of blooming late evening and drying off before sunrise, only one night life, and the wait is so long, hence the Brahma Kamal flower is rated number one amongst flowers of the world and the costliest flower in the world. This flower cannot be gifted nor used for decorations for any functions. Due to its limited shelf life Brahma Kamal flower, Night Queen flower is the costliest flower ,and however I wished to buy a ready budding Brahma Kamal I am yet to find one! So fingers crossed for my window Brahma Kamal flowers, watch the video on You Tube Channel the Red Pilgrim.

With tons of excitement observing daily progress of spinach babies, hoping my Popeye loves these and with Tons of Magic there is always Joy in my garden! Rizwana Mundewadi Wishing You Happy Gardening!

A Reiki healing artist, I do not sell plants!



4 comments:

  1. कृषि ई-मार्केटप्लेस किसानों को एकीकृत ज्ञान और सस्ती कृषि-सेवाएं प्रदान करता है।

    Hello friends, welcome to my youtube channel. Subscribe and stay updated to the Agri e-Marketplace channel today. Buy Seeds Online

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are looking for palak seeds or other vegetables plant seeds, then visit the Ratanshi Agro-Horitetch.

    ReplyDelete

Why What How about Gardening! share your gardening challenges and passion.

Featured Post

2022 Tiger tips! when to grow plants from seeds practical tips and my Garden Orange fruits with beautiful flower photos

A prosperity garden! Each New year starts with enthusiasm hope faith and love! Those are gardeners, we love to see magic happen every day in...