Search This Blog

Translate

9.2.24

Mystical Brahma kamal Flowers Fantasy and Obsession Continues

 The Flower of Gods Brahma Kamal, the flower of Lord Brahma! Brahma kamal plant, fascinated with the exotic unique flowers of the Queen of Night, Saussurea obvallata, the dream of viewing this flower at least once in this life time still continues..so over the years I have bought so many plant, cuttings, but yet, unable to bring the growth of flowers in these plants. With care and love tried to save many dying Brahma Kamal plants,  this time was they are growing well in containers in my window garden. 

My Brahma Kamal Plants

Fresh roots from Brahma Kamal leaves

Brahma Kamal flowers Photo by a blog lover

I am very laert now with so many years of experience in losing so many... As soon as I saw a few leaves drying of, the edges, I took action. With so many years of terrace gardening , now with the entryway garden the Brahma Kamal plants look happy. I trim the dried portions immediately to save the full leaf. I water them carefully and thoroughly within few days and not everyday. the soil is good and plants are firm in the containers. 

Important Care of Brahma Kamal plants

1) Choose medium size container and not large. The Brahma Kamal plants loves to be root bound.

2) Soil has to be well draining to avoid root rotting. The soil must be mixture of gravel and soil. 

3) If you see edges of Brahma Kamal leaves drying off, trim them, this saves the whole leaf from dying.

4) If the soil is clogged and you see the leaves of the plant drooping, transplant immediately.

5) Multiply them so you have more chances to see some one flower! Remember each leaf can grow in a new plant. I had a profusely growing plant so I took leaves and potted them in new containers.

 6) Important step in growing plant from cuttings. While you cut a Brahma Kamal leaf let it dry for some time to heal, other wise the leaf rots. I Request the plant before cutting and them immediately apply some soil to the cut portion to help it heal. remember plants are alive, they listen to us. 

7)It needs some support with a wooden stick you can tie the long leaves to protect them from getting spoiled touching  the ground.  I have seen that even if the plant looks like dying if you see an single erect leaf give that leaf some support , it will immediately bring out roots and new leaves. 

8) The plant needs strong soil and firm support, if you pull out the plant , an old plant will not come out. and a sick plant will immediately leave soil. This is an important tip to see how healthy your Brahma Kamal plant is. 

9) Avoid over watering few days after transplanting new cuttings. for the transplanted cuttings Brahma Kamal plant, do not water heavily. Spray carefully or else they die. Once they root they will grow strong. 

10) Flowering can be induced by adding fertilisers but I have never done this. I only add egg shells sometimes. personally I feel this does not require fertilising. If its destiny.. you will see the flowers!

11) Give it space. Since the plant grows elongated leaves like tentacles it needs air circulation well. If you keep plants too close to other plants they die off soon. They are royal plants and need some extra space! 

Hope this helps!

Read-Why Brahma Kamal Buds drop?

why my garden feng shui is going wrong?

The YouTube video on Brahma Kamal was made on many requests from random plant lovers and Garden Care Simplified Blog Followers and as my obsessions continue with the dream to successfully grow and wait upon the Lord Brahma to bless me with the amazing flower..the wait continues... I had a lot of struggle to grow the Brahma Kamal plants. 

Now in our window garden the climate is just right and the Brahma Kamal plants seem happy with indirect sunlight and controlled conditions.  Brahma Kamal flower seems to be elusive and yet the wait continues but my love for the flower seems to be increasing year after year.  for me the obsession with the Brahma Kamal continues...

Mystical Brahma Kamal Collection 

I have painted a few of unique paintings inspired by my love for the Brahma Kamal. The Mystical Brahma Kamal with Goddess Saraswati Blessings, Lord Vishnu Lord Brahma blessings. 

Brahma Kamal Mystical Blooms collage artwork

what a lovely way to please Lord Brahma! maybe he would oblige! and maybe I get to see the Brahma Kamal flowers!!!!!!!!!!

and bless me with Brahma Kamal blooms!

Happy Gardening from Rizwana!

Sharing practical container gardening tips with my Google Blog Garden Care Simplified since year 2010 to encourage growing plants, improving the eco system and environment and adding fragrances and colours through exotic flowers in your life! Only natural fragrances! Heal your senses!

All the Best from Rizwana!

A Healing Artist selling original Reiki healing art @ The Red Pilgrim's Soul Perk^Up Healing Art You Tuber The Red Pilgrim Dedicated since year 2000 towards spreading health wealth and joy through my Reiki symbol healing paintings!

 (all artworks displayed here are my original paintings available or sale only on my website) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why What How about Gardening! share your gardening challenges and passion.

Featured Post

HOW YOU CAN FORCE BLOOMS IN AMARYLLIS LILY BULB PLANTS FLOWERING TIPS Photos

 Amaryllis lily flowers are amazing! Large size, vibrant colours, showy flowers. There are many colours in flowers of lilly but all bulbs lo...