|Colors Anthurium, Periwinkle Aboli a corner|
|Kamini Whiite fragrant blooms|
|Mogra Night Blooming Jasmine|
|Hippeastrum Amaryllis flowers|
|Close up of Hippeastrum Amaryllis flowers|
|Curry leaves plant has flowered|
|Unusual plant with tiny balls like growth and very small white flowers|
Hippeastrum Belinda -deep red flowers.
Hippeastrum Star of Holland- red with white markings.
Hipeastrum bestseller -cerise pink flowers
Red Lion-strong red flowers.
Welcome to the family! added some more colour to our garden and our lives!
Searching for exotic rare flowers, visiting so many plant nurseries, it has now become more than an obsession to add/buy plants. While they have to squeeze in my little space this time it was justified with a loss of a few precious ones, leaving some containers barren... the precious Adenium that was with us since many years, got sick from root fungus, ...the process of dying is really very sad one,, gradually the rhizome looked limp, the tubes became hollow, all this was a slow process, I even transplanted it ,, but guess the time had come...the skin was soggy and peeled off as if a burns victim has, the root was infected severely this time...has given us loads of pink blooms, Thank You very Much Adenium for being such an important part of our garden and blessing us with so many beautiful blooms...we have a small baby that, hope grow into another such beautiful one.
|Adenium Bulb diseased,|
|Red Cluster flowering Plants|
|Red Amaryllis Exotic blooms|
While it is really hot outside our little space is fresh and vibrant with energy pulsating of happiness. Colours and oh so many colours!
Some really great plants , Aboli, Periwinkle peace liliies full in bloom with their heavenly white hooded flowers, Red Amaryllis that we have since many years got some new friends, After searching a lot found two more of these beautiful bulbous plants. White and red shading and the other one has streaks of orangish red over white. Bulbs are easy growing, require less water and less care and the blooms are breathtakingly beautiful!
Meanwhile garden does require some pre planning and care in summers to avoid plants from drying and also protecting them from direct sunlight. Mogra are in full bloom and also the curry leaves plant has flowered with tiny bunches of off white blooms. Unusual new plant is growing with balls like fruits and tiny white flowers. The garden has yet again become a haven for relaxing and soothing energy from the scorching sun, with fragrances colors and unique blooms at their height of beauty!
Some Important Care for Bulbs during summers-
1) place bulb plants under full sunlight or partial light.
2) Avoid very dark corners as there is tendency of slugs snails and pests to attack the bulb.
3) Water carefully, summers are hot but over watering may lead to root rot.
4) If the bulbs are giving out babies let them grow in the same pot. When the roots are developed and the babies look healthy then you can transplant in other pot.
5) Keep checking the plant in summers for scape, the pointed fleshy bulge that is going to be the flowering stalk, take care and you can add some feeding too nourish and get healthy large sized flowers.
6) leaves may burn in full sun so partial is best. Leaves also dry off after flowering and then drop.
7) Very Very important ,,w ell draining soil, other wise , we have lost many precious bulbs over the years due to root rot and even I think rats eat fleshy bulbs. If the side of bulb is damaged, I apply soil by hand to the cut portion, let it dry, and then again transplant the bulb it will heal.
Hope this helps, All the Best from Rizwana!
Floral paintings and Their Significance
Video of Brahma Kamal Flower Blooming
Contemporary Modern Healing Art