|Huge Rose Flower from my garden, Awesumness|
Container plants love rains and they express themselves in huge overflowing growth but just after rains as cold chilly winter sets in they begin to dry and drop leaves. To prevent this energy leak and keeping in mind plant health they have to be trimmed before the strong winter cold sets in.
|The huge scissors for trimming garden plants|
|One tiring energy task trimming the over grown plants|
|larvae of butterfly|
|holes in hibiscus plant leaves|
|contrast in nature, rose and juhi flowers|
|Thorns on Euphorbia Milli crown of thorns plant|
|Black bugs nests making holes in plant leaves|
|Black bugs on leaves pests on leaves|
|Caterpillars so many of them|
|Beautiful sky from my little space under the sun|
1) Check for insects , pests and creatures first. Trust me there are many who make homes during rains and as the plants also grow into quite a thick foliage.
2) wear gloves, I didn't, many ties I make this a resolution and again forget! but it is very important to prevent skin rashes and cuts.
3) Take extra care to cut plants with spikes and thorns, wear spectacles to protect eyes. and also very extra care to pack them for throwing. wrap in news papers so that the garbage collector does not get hurt.
4) Check for buds, please do not trim stems with buds and growing flowers, yes we have to some times, just request the plant, thank it for the beautiful blooms and trim it. I did accidentally, still feeling sad, but it was accidental.
5) Check for plants with fine hairs and sticky oozing liquids. This makes the skin burn and also develop rashes, red patches.
6) I have trimmed them frequently during the rainy season months, to prevent over growth , this is necessary as leaving them off hand the plant loses nutrition and it affects its health, many huge plants in small containers also do not survive it they outgrow with overflowing roots.
7) Many plants like champa, Magnolia, that have very thick fleshy stem are really difficult to cut with scissors, we had a trying time, as I did not want to give much pain to the plant, but they can be bent by hand and cut off easily.
8) Most important choose sharp tools, scissors and knives for cutting to reduce and minimize pain to your plants.
9) talk to them and even after trimming to send love and healing so that they recover fast from the trauma of cutting wounds.
10) personal care, wash hands and take bath with antiseptic soaps after trimming garden plants. Apply generously moisturizers and antiseptic creams on cuts, bruises. Also do check for allergies in case you accidentally came in contact with ozone liquids from cut plants.Apply antiseptic creams and also take anti allergic medicines if required.
11) protect family, children and pets while you are at this trimming cutting task in garden care.
12) Pack and cover all cut plants , share if possible cuttings,each one makes into a new life! Neatly wrap them in paper and dispose them, or if you have a large yard let them dry and then burn them to make recycled fertilizer.
its every time an emotional time to see a bit barren smaller stems,after trimming and cutting, but hoping and praying my precious ones , they grow healthy and happy again!
|Crown of thorns cutting precautions and care|
|new growth in Brahma Kamal plants|
|burnt leaves of Brahma kamal plants|