Search This Blog

Translate

1.6.18

How to arrange lily bulbs spacing of bulbs in container 7 tips for quick flowering with photos

Arranging Amaryllis plant bulbs in container
Amaryllis Lily flowers

 How to arrange plant bulbs for best and quick flowering? we all want to see the majestic show of lilly flowers, and these Amaryllis lily flowers are so huge , one stalk has four of five flowers and last for many  weeks.
The roots of Amaryllis lily bulb 
more roots means less flowers

Growing Gumohar Flame of Forest tree in container my biggest challenge and Joy!

The best tips and tricks to flowering bulbs faster, i have used these and they are Amazing!  with so many trials and error methods I have come up with this-
1) They love to be root bound. small containers give good flowers.  
over grown roots of lily flower bulb plant


tight growth brings easy flowers but they need space to grow

I trim the long leaves sometimes to encourage growth

the happy bulbs start on their own!

Most prone to these disease white fungus and ants aphids

2) I trim their long tentacles during summer and they give out flowers. Because most of their energy goes in conserving those long tentacle leaves. Trimming brings a spurt of fresh growth .
3) If there are too many roots the leaves start to turn yellow and dry and then they do not give flowers. So see that the roots are proportionate and not taking over the whole container. The leaves indicate when repotting bulbs is required. 
4) I have never added any fertilizer, but cowdung mixture during potting soil helps. In fact they need less soil , just to keep their roots.
best natural fertilizer for plants cowdung cakes

I purchased cowdung cakes online

online cowdung cakes for garden havan religious rituals
Read here-How much feeding to add?
birds come flying for drinking and bathing my terrace garden feng shuii great!

That's a corner  of my little space under the sun!


Beautiful love Honey and Birdie my cute love birds


Big size Amaryllis bloom close up

Plump buds on lily plant

5) Spacing of bulbs is very important. Do not plant the bulbs at very far distances in pot. Usually I leave a few inches only surrounding the bulb planted. Closer planted bulbs grow better and flower fast.
6) Another practical tip- trim roots  of the bulb when repotting. They already have good energy stored in bulb. You can trim some roots and then repot to encourage growth.
7) Never forget to water the bulbs when you want flowers. and also once you see the bud on lilly plant appear do not shift place of the container. 
Amaryllis flower

Red Lily and white peace lily flowers
worked for my bulbs always, Hope this helps!
Plant a Garden ..trust me your life will become magical!!
Garden Care Simplified

Thank you so much for your love and support to Garden Care Simplified!
If you have any doubts, queries and issues with your container plants do comment on my blog posts, I will be so happy to guide you! for the love of Gardening!
All the Best from Rizwana!

I do not sell plants, this is my love and passion, I am A Healing Artist! The Red Pilgrim dedicated since year 2000 towards spreading Reiki energy with the world through my Symbol healing paintings!

Read Posts on Garden Care Simplified Blog -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why What How about Gardening! share your gardening challenges and passion.

Featured Post

HOW YOU CAN FORCE BLOOMS IN AMARYLLIS LILY BULB PLANTS FLOWERING TIPS Photos

 Amaryllis lily flowers are amazing! Large size, vibrant colours, showy flowers. There are many colours in flowers of lilly but all bulbs lo...